FREEPHONE our Call Centre 6 days a week
02933 33923
Already have a quote?
Retrieve it here
  1. Your trip details
  2. Medical
  4. Purchase

Your trip details

Are you a resident of Australia?

This policy is only available to citizens or permanent residents of Australia or non-permanent residents who have a valid Medicare, Private Health Fund or Overseas Student Travel Insurance in Australia, and are in Australia now.
Single or annual multi-trip?
Single trip: Cover for a single trip, for the exact number of days you need.
Annual multi-trip: Cover for multiple trips within a 365 day period. You can purchase your annual multi-trip policy up to 31 days in advance of your policy start date. The maximum length of days you can travel on any one trip can be up to 31 or 45 days.

What type of travel insurance do you need?

Single trip
Annual-multi trip
Single trip
A single trip policy could work out cheaper if you're only travelling once within the year and cover can be arranged for the exact number of days you require.

Please note the minimum trip length is 2 days.

When are you travelling?

Start date

Please enter a valid start date

Return date

Please enter a valid return date
Where are you travelling to?
Make sure you add every country you're visiting within your trip. If you cannot find your country, then check the spelling or try typing the first few letters. You can only add up to 9 countries.
If you have a query about how to enter your destination, or you still cannot find your country in the search, then check out our 'Destination of travel' help section

Where are you travelling to?

Click on the country that you're travelling to or click 'Other' and then search for your country within the search box.
New Zealand

Traveller details

Who would you like the insurance to cover?
This question is based on the people you want insured under this policy.
Couple: 2 people living at the same address for more than 6 months
Family: Up to 2 adults with at least one child (under the age of 18)
Group: Any number of people of any age and not necessarily related (extended family and friends etc)

Who would you like the insurance to cover?


Contact number*

Email address*

State / Territory

Q. What regions/countries does your travel insurance cover?
AllClear policies can cover anywhere in the world except a country or area included on the list of countries not recommended by the Australian Government through the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade - or those countries subject to an embargo from the UN Security Council or from any other international organisation to which Australia belongs.

Please check the Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) under the policy wordings to get a full list of countries and areas not covered by this policy.
Q. Do I have to be a permanent resident in Australia to purchase a policy?
This insurance is only available to travellers who are citizens or permanent residents of Australia or non-permanent residents who have a valid Medicare, Private Health Fund or Overseas Student Travel Insurance in Australia.
Q. What is the age limit for a single-trip policy?
AllClear have no upper age limit for single trips.
Q. How do our Reciprocal Health Care Agreements affect this policy?
If you are an Australia resident you can get help with the cost of essential medical treatment whilst travelling in New Zealand, the United Kingdom, the Republic of Ireland, Sweden, the Netherlands, Finland, Italy, Belgium, Malta, Slovenia and Norway under the Australian governments Reciprocal Health Care Agreements.
You will need to provide the local authorities with;
a) your Australian passport, or another valid passport, which shows you are a permanent Australian resident and;
b) a valid Medicare card - if you do not have a valid Medicare card, or your card will expire while you are away, visit a DHS Service Centre before you travel overseas for a new card. For more information visit:
Q. Can I take out an annual policy for pre-existing medical conditions?
In many cases AllClear will be able to offer annual multi-trip policies for your pre-existing conditions.
Q. Do you cover one-way trips?
No, all trips must begin and end in Australia.
Q.I have left Australia and forgotten to buy insurance. Can I buy it now?
We cannot offer you cover if you have already left Australia.
Q.Who provides this insurance?
This insurance is underwritten by Mitsui Sumitomo Insurance Company, Limited, ABN 49 000 525 637, AFSL 240816. Mitsui Sumitomo has appointed AllClear Insurance Services Australia Pty Ltd, ABN 165 270 066 (AllClear) as its authorized Representative to deal with this insurance product.
Q.What is the maximum trip length you offer on an Annual policy?
Maximum per trip length on an Annual policy is determined by age these are as follows:
For travellers up to the age of 70 the maximum trip length is 45 days.
For travellers over the age of 70 the maximum trip length is 31 days.